Safe, beauty and personal care products, all in one place.
Your body can absorb up to 60% of anything you put on it, meaning that thing things you use on your body like lotion, face cream, make-up are all being absorbed by YOUR body. That means that what you put ON your body is almost as important as what you put IN your body.
I have been hunting for safe beauty products since 2013, and have had a lot of trouble finding a company that has a quality product that is accessible. I started this journey a few years after I had cleaned up my food and diet, when we decided that we were going to start a family and I began doing more reading and research on all of the things to avoid while you’re expecting. Which begs the question, why would you use something that is potentially toxic to you even if you’re not planning to start a family or growing a baby!
The beauty industry is regulated by the FDA; however, the latest regulation was passed in 1938….that was a LONG time ago and things have definitely changed since then. How else can you explain products with lead in them still being sold, in beauty products like lipstick, which you know is getting into your body! I love the Beautycounter is committed to safety, you can learn more about everything that goes into ensuring the quality of Beautycounter products as well as have full transparency on what is in them, and what is not!
I found out about Beautycounter in the beginning of 2016 and have now had the opportunity to try their products and learn more about the company. Their primary goal is education and safety, along with providing high quality products that are fully transparent. I encourage you to to check out their products, at Beautycounter. In addition to being completely transparent about all of their ingredients, they also have all of their products tested by a third party, the EWG, and all products are highly rated.
Want to check them out, here are a few of my favorite things!
Mascara – this has been one of the hardest beauty products for me to replace, and Beautycounter makes an amazing mascara. You will not be disappointed! Hint, I use coconut oil to take my eye make-up off, you can also use other products but I’ve found this to be cost effective, easy, and nice to my skin.
Charcoal Soap – this is a favorite that often sells out, it is amazing how this bar really pulls the impurities out of your skin! I use this to wash my face and am a fan of the combination of the charcoal to pull the impurities and the coconut oil base to clean and moisturize the skin.
Facial Oils– if you are afraid of putting oil on your skin because you’re afraid of it getting more oily, you couldn’t be more wrong! I love the facial serums, they absorb quickly, are non-greasy, and hydrate your skin like nothing you’ve ever tried before. All three serums smell amazing too. Try the Soothing Face Oil (#1) with Calendula to help soothe irritated skin and act as an anti-inflammatory (this is the best selling facial serum), Try the Hydrating Face Oil (#2) with Jasmine for dry skin, to improve elasticity, and Try Balancing Face Oil (#3) with Ylang Ylang and Wild Chamomile for help re balancing your skin.
Sunscreen – While I’m a big fan of getting your Vitamin D naturally if you’re going to be out in the sun for a while you will probably need some sunscreen to protect your skin from getting burned. Try the sunscreen or the sunscreen stick – both formulas are lightweight, water-resistant sunscreen is formulated with non-nano zinc oxide, so it blends seamlessly into skin without leaving white streaks, protecting you against both UVA and UVB rays, with an EWG rating of 1!
Tint Skin Foundation – I use this to help even out my skin tone, I’m not a big “make up” person so I am not one to usually go with a foundation. This helps to even out my skin tone and isn’t heavy or feel like I’m wearing a lot of make up – a win-win!
Baby Soothing Oil – I love this, a little goes a long way and keeps your baby or toddler’s skin amazingly soft. It doesn’t leave their skin greasy at all either, which is something I found with my home-made lotions that often happened. This product doubles for you mom and is great on your skin too, and as an alternative make-up remover!
3 Ways to join Beautycounter
1. Shop as a customer
The simplest method, simply purchase through Beautycounter, becoming a conscious consumer, bettering yoru health and KNOWING exactly what you put on your body, switching from your current beauty products and cosmetics to safe, non-toxic versions from Beautycounter, verified by the EWG and containing nothing on the Never List.
2. Become a “Band of Beauty Member”
If you think you’ll order from Beautycounter more than once, this $25 investment will pay itself back covering shipping, saving 25% on products, and earning you credit for the dollars you’re already planning to spend.
Your $25 Annual Membership Includes:
- For every $300 you spend, you will receive $25 in Rewards to use on your next purchase
- Free shipping on orders over $100*
- Educational opportunities from our Trusted Non-Profits
- Our very best products with a $80 savings** (optional and not required for enrollment)
- For $240 (a $320 value), you’ll receive the following:
- Routine Clean Cream Cleanser
- Every Day AM Hydrating Cream
- Countertime Vibrant Eye Protector
- Lustro Face Oil in Jasmine
* not available on orders shipped to Puerto Rico** available during program enrollment only
- Hydrate Body Lotion
- Lustro Body Oil in Rosemary + Citrus
- Exclusive Beautycounter Tote
Sign up here, and make sure that “Laura Pappas” is listed as your mentor, so I can offer you great support and fun incentives!
3. Become a consultant and be part of our mission!
Join as a consultant and save 25% off your own orders and take advantage of the opportunity to earn some additional income by educating others about the skin care industry and how to make safer choices.
As a consultant you have the flexibility to do what you want with Beautycounter, spending an hour or two per week to making it into a full time gig. It is very flexible and can be whatever you want it to be – I’m passionate about sharing great, safe, products with people and am excited to partner with Beautycounter to be a lone stop solution for safe and amazing beauty products! Beautycounter is a direct retail company, we do not require that you spend a minimum amount on products every month, and have a low, one time start-up fee of $85 that covers your business essentials to get you started.
This is the right time to join Beautycounter! We are growing fast (we grew 350% last year)! Most consultants are the first in their area and are able to build their business and spread the word quickly!
We offer tons of support on our team through an amazing upline, you’ll have access to training about Beautycounter, the products, ingredients, safety information, and how to structure a successful business.
- Click this link and then click the menu option Join as a Consultant.
- Enter your email and other required info to create your account. It will say Choose a Mentor and give you an option for the default, which is “BeautyCounter HQ.” Under that, click Select a Different Mentor and put in Laura Pappas in the first and last name section.
- Add your Enrollment Kit into your cart – this is the package they require you to purchase if you want to be a consultant – I highly recommend going with the middle or largest package – you will be able to use these for sampling and to share Beautycounter with others, and you can immediately start putting these products to work for you, in addition to trying everything out for yourself.
- You can optionally add one of the special Enrollment product packages to your shopping cart for a discounted option – remember this is a great (and only) opportunity to save over 40% on these amazing products, that you can also use as samples to share with your clients to try. I’d recommend going with the middle or largest package!
- Finish the enrollment page and place your order.
As many of you know, I am very passionate about removing toxins from our home and food, as well as coaching others to do the same I am thrilled to have discovered a brand that I love, trust and can really get behind – what are you waiting for, if you have any questions reach out today!